As someone who lives to travel and explore new places, I love to have my own travel bag (or backpack) that I can quickly grab and throw over my shoulder. While I prepare for my cruise to Cuba in just a few days, I find myself double checking my travel bag to make sure I have everything I’ll need if I can’t get to my luggage.
I definitely prefer a larger bag, like this one, in order to fit everything I like to have with me.
- Laptop– If I can fit it in my bag, I am bringing it. While I can definitely use my iPhone for most internet capabilities, my laptop is a lifesaver when it comes to writing and editing pictures.
- Kleenex and Advil– I feel like no matter what, I am ALWAYS sick on vacations. Even writing this right now, right before the cruise, I am starting to get congested. This is why I always make sure to pack some tissues and Advil.
- Healthy snacks and Gum– The key word in this is healthy. Whether you’re on a plane or in a car, you never know when you’re going to get hungry. And nothing is worse than traveling on an empty stomach. I always make sure to keep fruit or protein bars to keep me energized throughout my trip.
- Camera– I can’t remember the last time I went somewhere without my camera. Even if I’m just heading home for the weekend, I always make sure to have my DSLR on hand in case I come across something picture worthy!
- Bucket List– Ever since high school, I have written all of my goals into a tiny notebook that has become my bucket list. And I take it with me everywhere. Who knows when I’ll want to add something new or even cross something off?
- Spare Clothes– I really wish I’d had the common sense to think of this a few years ago when flying to Africa. Being in airports and on planes for two days, you don’t really have time to shower. But you can definitely change clothes. And in the case of a cruise, you never know when your luggage will arrive to your room, so it’s helpful to have a swimsuit in your bag, so you can sit by the pool while you wait.
- The Perfect Book– Right now, I am OBSESSED with Elin Hilderbrand. I never want to put down any of her books. Plus, they make the perfect beach/pool reads.
Do you have any vacations planned for this summer? Let me know below! And make sure to add what necessities you have in your travel bag!
(photo credit: Google)