When I was little, my mom was always baking something. I would come home from school, and I could always expect to have something homemade sitting on the kitchen table. Some of my favorite memories are helping her bake different desserts in the kitchen.
Fast forward a few years and at 21, baking is one of my favorite past times. Recently, I’ve been absolutely craving a good crumb cake and since I’m with my mom for Thanksgiving this week, we made one together!
It was so yummy that I just had to share the recipe!
First you’ll make the cake:
- Preheat your oven to 375º F
- Follow the egg whites recipe on the back of the Duncan Hines box
- Pour into a 12×17 greased pan (you can use a cookie sheet if it is about 1/2 inch deep to allow the cake to rise
- Bake for 17 minutes
While the cake is baking, make the crumbs:
- Melt your butter in a saucepan at medium heat
- As butter is melting, mix all the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, cinnamon)
- When butter is melted, add vanilla
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl until the mixture is crumbly, you may have to use your hands, mixture will be sticky
- When cake is done, put the crumbs on the cake and bake cake for another 17 minutes
- Sprinkle powdered sugar on the cake after it is out of the oven and cooled
What are some of your favorite dessert recipes? Leave a link to them in the comments below! I’m always down to try new desserts!